Sonntag, 25. Januar 2015

Birthdays, star signs and Flowers

Its January and somehow this month is full of birthdays, especially the second half of January, where nearly every day I can congratulate someone. Apart of being crap regarding Maths, I can remember birthdays pretty well. Some dates seemed to be engraved into my brain for as long as school days in the early seventies.
Over the next 10 days there are two 18th. and three 40th. Birthday ... all of very special people. Aquarius seems to be the star sign for me anyway. My husband is an Aquarius and so are some of my closest friends. When he describes a typical Aquarius, he puts it this way, that born under this star sign you are walking all the time on a narrow path, between pure genius and madness. Well I figured that out anyway over the last 28 years :).

Usually with my friends we don't do big presents, something small and practical and often also home made. It can be jam, eggs or cheese, but also a cake and flowers is something which are my favorites. In summertime I love to pick flowers from the garden or the wild and arrange them 'my way' to bring them along to someones party. Winter time is a bit more challenging on the flower side, but being a florist, I love to think up new ideas and experiment with bits and pieces I collect in the wild, mostly along the road side.

Sometimes I try to introduce some new ideas in the shop, where I do work part time  since more then 20 years ( actually my first 'boss' is an Aquarius too :) ). The shop is called 'Guns and Roses' and is in the meantime a landmark shop within Tubbercurry. I got 'passed on' from one owner to the other and work now for my third 'boss'. Well that all sounds a bit distant, as all the 'bosses' have been a treat and are wonderful anyway.

 The big 'bay window', which I also think would look great with a large table and a comfy corner bench, in case it will ever get converted into a coffee shop :).

 A few flowers 'wrapped' in a construction out of dogwood ( or willow ) and a bit of ribbon

 My own little bit of creation, made out of dogwood ... in the back ground one of my big bog oaks.

A different type of dog wood weaving ... looks really nice with plain tulips or other spring flowers

We also do gifts for all occasions .... 

 A selection of flowers on a Monday morning ... all waiting for a new home :)

 A basket with a little fence made form willow or dogwood .... it looks like a little garden patch

we do also silk flowers ... not everybody's taste, but we try our best ... and another bit of weaving ...

Maybe this looks like an add for some flowershop in Tubbercurry Co.Sligo, ... a bit of a commercial has never done any wrong :). So if you ever are in the area or want to send flowers to someone between Collooney and Charlestown, Ballymote and Aclare, just ring 0719185030 any day of the week between 10am and 6pm except Wednesdays and Sundays. We do weddings and funerals and everything in between.

Ups, nearly midnight .... I have to go and text two girls a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Linda and Judith .... enjoy your day :)...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen